Monday, November 2, 2015

CGI Getting Out Of Hand?

Hey everyone, so I've been hearing disturbing rumors that film companies are thinking about bringing people back to life via CGI. Yes, you read that right. So if you miss Elvis, prepare to not miss him much longer.

So at first, I was like, alright that's kind of cool. But now, I feel like it's wrong, just wrong.

Here's why:

1st. Wouldn't this hurt the current stars of Hollywood? Parts they would usually get are going to dead stars. I have a feeling they won't be too happy about this.

2nd. What if the movie was awful? It would hurt the great long passed star's reputation. Imagine if they cast CGI version of Patrick Swayze as Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern? Or John Wayne cast as The Lone Ranger in The Lone Ranger movie. That would kill their reputation.

3rd. It's just wrong. I can't explain the reasons why, but it's just wrong. Something about bringing a dead person to life using CGI isn't morally right. It's one thing to bring Paul Walker and Philip Seymour Hoffman back as CGI to finish their current movie, but to bring someone completely back. I don't know about you, but I don't like that idea.

Leave your thoughts below, tell me your reaction to hearing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment