Thursday, November 14, 2013

Batman Vs. Superman

It's been a while since I've been on here, to all of you who read my blog, I apologize.

Man of Steel just got released on Blu-Ray/DVD on Tuesday, I think now is a good time to get a closer look at the upcoming Batman Vs. Superman movie which will hit theaters in the summer of 2015.

I am really looking forward to seeing this movie. I know all the hate going towards it because of Ben Affleck playing Batman, but I've made my peace with that and moved past it. I don't care who is playing Batman. He's going to be in an upcoming movie along side Superman. What is more awesome than that?

To all the people who still see Affleck as a bad idea, remember Heath Ledger. He played the Joker in The Dark Knight. That casting call got twice as much negativity than Affleck as Batman and Ledger was probably the best Joker I have ever seen. Christopher Nolan is still involved with Batman Vs. Superman too, not directing it, but producing it. So there is always hope.

The rumor mill has been buzzing recently involving cameos in Batman Vs. Superman. Wonder Woman, Nightwing, Lex Luthor, The Flash, etc.. Only one has been confirmed: Lex Luthor. The actor playing him, however, has not been confirmed. At first Mark Strong was to play Superman's nemesis, but those rumors were shot down. Then it was Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston. Those rumors were also shot down. Now, the current rumor is Lost's Terry O'Quinn will play Lex Luthor. Making Lex a much older man since O'Quinn is almost 70.

Personally, I would much rather see a younger Lex Luthor. Not twenties, but in the thirties range. I would like to see Smallville's Lex Luthor, Michael Rosenbaum take the part. He's younger and he played a great Lex Luthor.

Things I can't wait to see in this movie:
The new Batmobile. In recent rumors, it has been said that The Batmobile will resemble an old Cadillac. Sounds good to me.
The new Batsuit. There has been a ton of concept art and fan art released around so far. But I read recently that they have made it and they said it looks awesome. Unfortunately, I have not seen it yet, still excited to.
Batman's gadgets. The batarang, grappling hook, etc.. The batarang, especially. Since it was not in the Dark Knight Trilogy and that still upsets me a little.
How will Batman match Superman. Kryptonite didn't exist in Man of Steel, so I'm curious of how this will work out.

Batman Vs. Superman is just a working title, I'm hoping they will change it. Obviously, they will fight each other at first then combine forces against a greater enemy, but I hope they change it to something else that sounds cooler.

Following the release of Batman Vs. Superman will come The Flash in 2016 and the long awaited Justice League in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment